Compact Privilege to Practice Status Update
Thank you for your interest in the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Interstate Compact!
In order to practice through the compact, practitioners need a privilege to practice. As of September 2022, compact privilege applications are not yet available. Over the next 6-12 months, the compact commission will be working to develop and implement the infrastructure needed for operational purposes. Once finished, applications will be available for professionals.
Where can I find the application when it is available?
- This website (https://aslpcompact.com/) will have links to the application when it becomes available. Information also is provided through the compact mailing list, which you can sign up for here.
What information will the application require?
- Each practitioner will need to provide basic identifying information, such as a National Practitioner Identification Number or Social Security Number and proof of licensure in their home state.
What is the application fee?
- The fee for a privilege will be decided by each state in the coming months.
What can I do in the meantime?
- Ensure your license remains up to date and in good standing in your home state.
- Determine whether the state in which you would like to obtain a compact privilege is a member of the compact and prepare accordingly.
- If a compact state requires a jurisprudence exam, practitioners are required to take that exam, even if they plan to practice in that state via the compact.
- If your home state and/or a state in which you would like to obtain a compact privilege is not a member of the compact, work with the state audiology and speech-language pathology association to advocate for the compact to be enacted in the state.
- If a state in which you would like to obtain a license is not a member of the compact, you may still be able to obtain a license in that state through that state’s standard licensure process.
- Continue checking this website for updates or join the compact mailing list here.
- Read the FAQ page for answers to any other questions.